Everyone at the University of Waterloo is welcome to come to our events and to use our resources! Feel free to join our communities and chat with our members. However, if you want to officially become a member or support our vision of creating a supportive environment for all computing students, there's a bunch of ways you can join and help out.
How to Join
- Drop by our office in MC 3036/3037 with
- your WatCard, and
- $2 membership fee for the term that you would like to pay for
- Sign our Machine Usage Agreement
That's all! After your account has been created, you'll have access to all the services available to members.
Just drop by the office with $2 for each term which you wish to renew. You do not need to bring your WatCard or sign the usage agreement again.
Email the CSC Systems Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org from your University of Waterloo email address with the following:
- a scan or photograph copy of your WatCard,
- your WatIAM userid, and
- your acknowledgement of having read, understood, and agreeing with our Machine Usage Agreement.
You will need to pay the membership fee of $2 through PayPal. A one-term payment via PayPal comes out to $2.37 (due to PayPal fees).
Use the PayPal link above to renew your membership for as many terms as you wish. You do not need to send us your WatCard or sign the usage agreement again.
Are you interested in using your skills to get involved with CSC? We have committees covering everything from design to development, so no matter your interests, we’ve got a place for you.
CSC hires at the end of every term*, so make sure to stay connected through social media to keep up to date on when applications open!
* except for syscom, which recruits year-round.
- In charge of planning, advertising, and running all events hosted by CSC.
- Voices concerns/ideas on behalf of the CS community.
- Creates functional and modern designs for the CSC website.
- Builds and maintains the static website, updating content for events and news.
- Maintaining all services that CSC provides which includes file share, DNS, mail, configuration for IRC, Mattermost, Git hosting.
- Managing mirrors used by large public organizations and thousands of people internationally.
Syscom is always looking for new members! If you'd like to join, just send an email to email@example.com containing a brief introduction about yourself and any experience you have with GNU/Linux.
Each term, the CSC holds elections to determine the executive council:
- Assistant Vice-President
To find out when and where the next elections will be held, keep an eye on on the News.
For details on the elections, see the Constitution.