Hi, I'm Luke.
I'm in my third year of computer science at the University of Waterloo.
I have a coop placement for next term. If you or your company is interested in hiring me for a few months in the future, you can email me.
I have a mix of experience from both desktop and web development worlds.
In the world of desktop applications, I have developed GUIs, have implemented IPC using pipes in C++, designed and implemented libraries in C, worked on a JIT compiler, wrote a multiplayer game using sockets, and much more.
IBM - JIT Compiler Developer
- Ported the OMR JIT compiler to OS X
- Designed and implemented a framework to properly test compiler optimizations
- Participated in the OMR open source community
TextNow - Internal Tools Developer
- Implemented new features on RESTful micro services using Ruby, PHP and MySQL
- Helped develop an inventory reconciliation tool
- Aggregated customer support call metrics into a dashboard
Argyle BIA - Web Developer
Summer 2013 & 2014
- Built the Argyle BIA website using PHP and MySQL
- Documented custom features for future website managers
- LICK - Install and manage Puppy Linux installations from Windows in a few clicks. Supports Windows 95 to 10. Mostly written in C.
- Planck - A basic 3D software renderer. Written in Scala, with a heavy emphasis onimmuatable types and higher order functions. Most of the interesting code can be found in the Renderer class.
You can see more of my projects on github.
- Haiku OS - As part of Google Code-in 2014, I made a variety of contributions to Haiku, including:
- writing recipes to package programs
- contributing to two small games, BeSpider and HexVexed
- writing two translators - wrappers around OptiPNG and aalib to allow easy usage of each in Haiku
- Woof (CE) - I've made a few small contributions to Woof, and later Woof-CE.
- Various other projects