This is mostly just a proof-of-concept. The underlying libraries work, but it
lacks a user interface.
License: Apache License, Version 2.0 (
- Ported the following libraries to Android:
- Frontend/glue layer:
- The "null" test client works connecting to ICQ/MSN/AIM at least.
- The dispatch layer needs to be expanded. dispatch.cpp provides a general
mechanism for turning libpurple events into Android intents.
- A mechanism to initiate events from the frontend to libpurple needs to
be created, likely using JNI.
- Most importantly a GUI needs to be created.
- Compressed libraries and resources (using libtar and xz-embedded)
- File transfers
- Restricted to /sdcard?
- Have quick links for pictures, music, videos, etc...
- Setting of display picture
- Off-the-record (libotr)?
- Add/remove/rename contacts
- Small memory footprint (< 5 MB)
- Small disk footprint (< 4 MB)
- Compressed .so's on disk - decompress to /data
- Vibrate/beep on new message (but not if active window and not idle)
- Encryption (SSL, TLS)
- Video and audio chat (dependent on pidgin getting these)
- Additional plugin support (via a plugin provider)
- Google Talk
- SILC (TODO)
- XMPP / Jabber