- Experienced with PHP, HTML, CSS, Perl, MySQL and AMPL
- Thorough knowledge of linear and integer programming.
- Studied job scheduling algorithms for many different environments.
- Able to design and implement computer simulations of complex systems.
- Comfortable with network flow algorithms and applications.
Website Director, Mathematics Society
The website director is in charge of the webpage for the society. During my time in this position I organized a group of volunteers and worked individualy and in teams of up to 5 people to accomplish maintenance of existing systems and develop new services.
This position involved integration and customization of various open source tools, custom solutions and legacy systems in a LAMP environment.
- Online Elections - Completed: Organized a team of 4 people to build a custom system to run a preferential ballot election online. The timeline for the creation of this system was crutial as we had to have it ready for an election at the beginning of this term.
- Email Management - In Progress: I am currently working on a system to manage communication within the society. Email is currently done by forwarding emails to student email addresses. The current system doesn't adequately provide the desired organizational memory for each of the positions or allow multiple directors to share correspondence. To this end, I'm integrating a number of open source tools and a custom identity management system to provide shared and persistent IMAP mailboxes for each position.
Vice President, Activities & Services, Mathematics Society
The VPAS is in charge of all the services provided by the society. I was responsible for recruiting, selecting, training and managing for 11 volunteer positions along with the volunteers under them and ran many social events from planning and budgeting to execution.
Network Monitor, Excapsa Software Inc.
Responsible for monitoring hundreds of redhat servers running mission critical application for errors/anomalies as part of a 24/7 network operations team.
- Nagios Monitoring Plugin: Wrote a custom plugin in perl for the Nagios monitoring system used to parse and report on email warnings.
- Operations Research Contest: Second Place, C & O Department, University of Waterloo, 2007
This was a competition set up to give students a chance to tackle interesting problems with real world data. This year the task was to provide a working schedule for a high school. Offerings had to be determined such that classrooms and teachers were available and students had to be assigned to those offerings.
Our team used a hybrid method to mix genetic and integer programming approaches to solve this problem, as a standard integer programming formulation would have been intractible.
- BMath in Computer Science and Operations Research, April 2008
University of Waterloo
- Open Source Software
- Comic Books
- Electoral Reform